Business Startup Questions
Individuals starting new businesses are faced with dozens of financial and operating questions before they can even begin to build their businesses.
First-time entrepreneurs can be especially challenged with making appropriate decisions for the future of the business. For example:
- What corporate entity should I choose? LLC, S Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship?
- How many bank accounts do I need?
- QuickBooks chart of accounts seems very complicated. Do I need all this?
- How am I going to determine the right price for my services? How do I calculate cost?
- When I pay myself, should it be a salary or a distribution? How can I make sure that I do what’s necessary without overdoing the complexity?
What’s the toughest part for you?
Day-to-day transactions and record keeping — start with Bookkeeping
Worry about tax returns and payroll filings — start with Tax
Uncertainty over pricing and margins — start with Controller Services
Thinking about a non-profit instead of a traditional business — start with Tax Planning